Niagara Workforce Planning Board is currently seeking talented individuals to join our board of directors for a three-year term.
The Board's Role:
The Board of Directors is accountable for matters relating to the Niagara Workforce Planning Board. Its primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure the by-laws of the Niagara Workforce Planning Board are updated and relevant.
- Ensure the long-term vision and strategic plan are consistent with the values and mission of the Niagara Workforce Planning board.
- Ensure operating plans are consistent with the long-term vision and strategic plan.
- Monitor and evaluate the CEO as outlined in the by-laws of the Niagara Workforce Planning Board.
- Recruit, hire, and terminate, as necessary, the CEO as outlined in the by-laws of the Niagara Workforce Planning Board.
- Report to the community at the Annual General Meeting.
- Participate in the production and execution of self-evaluation tools for the Board’s long-term vision and strategic plan.
We have a particular need for directors with a background in legal, accounting and community services (with emphasis on training and support in employment services). However, all applications will be considered. NWPB promotes and celebrates diversity among its staff and leadership. Directors will be expected to commit to bi-monthly board meetings with the potential for some committee work.
How to apply:
Interested parties are invited to download the following package:
Once the skills matrix included in the package is complete, you may submit your statement of intention, resume, and completed director’s skills matrix document to: email@example.com.